A treatment that delivers nourishing substances including vitamins, amino-acids and minerals to the layers of the skin where cell repair and growth occurs. As these are all essential components for healthy skin cells, this treatment helps improve dull, tired looking, dry and lifeless skin, manages superficial wrinkles and is ideal for pre- or post-operative skin conditioning.
How does Mesotherapy work?
Mesotherapy is a microinjection of traditional medication, homeopathic medication, and vitamins into the mesoderm, or middle layer of skin, acting as a medicinal bullet that is delivered directly to a target in the body. A small dose of medicine is injected into the targeted area of the skin stimulating the body to heal itself.
There are many benefits that are associated with mesotherapy. These benefits may be thanks to the procedure itself or seen merely in comparison to alternative treatments such as liposuction.
Advantages that can be related to mesotherapy include:
- Cellulite can be treated effectively and its appearance can be dramatically improved; this is not possible with many other treatments, including liposuction.
- Mesotherapy has many different potential uses as opposed to just one single use. These include weight loss, body sculpting, wrinkle reduction and alopecia treatment.
- You can often see the results of mesotherapy relatively quickly.
- There is no need to take time off work following the procedure, as there is no associated down time since the treatment is non-invasive.
- If you undergo mesotherapy to remove fat rather than liposuction, any weight that may be gained in the future it is not in abnormal places, as it often is in the latter procedure.
- The actual mesotherapy process is relatively pain-free and if you are still nervous, you can request a topical anaesthetic to be applied.
- You do not require general anaesthetic, which eliminates serious associated side effects such as nausea or headaches.
- The results of mesotherapy are often measurable using a tape measure, as fat is dissolved and lost in the areas treated.
- Treatment can be tailored to a specific part of the body, therefore you can pick exactly which problems you wish to resolve in a certain location.
Cost of Mesotherapy
Mesotherapy starts from £180.
What are the benefits of Mesotherapy over surgical techniques such as liposuction?
Liposuction does not treat cellulite. In fact, liposuction often causes existing cellulite to appear more prominent. Mesotherapy treats cellulite directly, promoting smoother skin and reducing fat in selected areas. Fat deposits are flushed from the body, and do not reappear in other areas, which often occurs after liposuction. Mesotherapy does not require hospitalization, general anaesthesia or downtime.
Which cosmetic conditions can Mesotherapy treat?
Although Mesotherapy is used to treat a broad spectrum of injuries, illnesses and medical conditions, it is also employed to treat cosmetic conditions, including acne, cellulite, stretch marks, scars and wrinkles. It can also be used to reduce and contour fat.
What are Mesotherapy's anti-aging and skin rejuvenation uses?
Subdermal vitamin injections rejuvenate the cells, making them more active, and thereby stimulating the production of collagen and elastin. You can begin anti-aging treatments in your mid twenties to prevent wrinkles from forming. Treatments for the face, neck, arms and hands are recommended several times each year.
How does Mesotherapy reduce or eliminate cellulite and fat?
Mesotherapy treats three factors involved in cellulite formation. Your practitioner creates a specific formula to reduce the fat in your cellulite, improve impaired circulation and break down damaged connective tissue – thereby smoothing the skin’s surface. Mesotherapy can treat cellulite located anywhere on the body.
When Will I see Results?
Results vary depending on your body type and the condition being treated. On average, patients notice visible improvement in two to three sessions. For certain conditions, patients see results after the first session.
Will the results last?
The results do last, especially when combined with exercise and proper nutrition. However, we cannot stop the natural aging that affects your appearance. For this reason, we recommend regular maintenance visits.
Are the treatments painful?
You may feel a slight pinching or burning sensation when the injections are administered. However, we can provide a topical anaesthetic that makes treatment virtually painless.
Are there any side effects?
A common side effect of Mesotherapy is bruising, which generally resolves over one week. To speed up the healing process, we recommend that the homeopathic supplement arnica be taken either orally or applied topically on a daily basis. Patients may experience temporary soreness. This will subside within 24-48 hours.
Are there any Restrictions?
Restrictions vary, depending on the condition being treated. We discuss these with each patient before treatments commence. In general, patients are advised not to wear makeup for at least 4 hours after facial treatments, not to take hot showers for at least 6 to 8 hours. We recommend that patients eat a high-protein meal, and avoid caffeine or other stimulants before treatment.
BOOK your FREE CONSULTATION
Always a warm and friendly welcome! A relaxing atmosphere in a lovely clinic where my treatments are always carried out to a high standard. Mozhgan is truly the professional and I can’t recommend her enough.
– Natasha Beardmore